Open a WMS
To open a WMS in OrbisGIS, go in the Geocatalog and make a right-click. Then choose "Add / File / WMS Source"
In the Server URL enter the URL of the WMS (Here we will illustrates with : http://geolittoral.application.equipement.gouv.fr/wms/metropole? ) and click on "Connect"
OrbisGIS has found the WMS. Click on "Next" to continue.
Then select the layer which you want to load in OrbisGIS
- The left part allows you to select layers
- The central part allows you to load or to unload layers in the right part
- The right part allows you to visualize the selected layers and to manage the order of display with arrows
Click on "Next" to continue and to choose the layer's projection
- The projections are in the EPSG projection's system. To find the correspondence with your zone of study, go on the official web site of the EPSG : www.epsg.org
- The equivalent of "Lambert II Etendu" is the EPSG:27582
Click on "Finish" -> your layers are in the Geocatalog. Then drag & drop them into the TOC.
At first, you just see the layer "Sentiers_littoraux" but not "Ortholittorale_nb". That's because "Ortholittorale_nb" is not configure to be display at this scale.
So make Zoom+ until the layer appears.
Copyright - IRSTV - 2009 - www.orbisgis.org